Ultherapy from your dermatologists in Fort Lauderdale, Florida will help you look your best.
Do you want a younger-looking face, with firmer, tighter skin? The truth is, you can reduce the appearance of sagging skin with a new state-of-the-art treatment from your dermatologist. It’s called Ultherapy, and it can take years off of your appearance. The dermatologists at Skin Center in Fort Lauderdale, Florida offer a full line of anti-aging services including Ultherapy, to help you look your best.
Ultherapy uses ultrasound technology to firm and tightens sagging skin. By using ultrasound energy, your body is prepped to produce more collagen, in a process called neocollagenesis. The increased production of collagen helps to gently lift skin, making skin appear tighter, firmer, and younger.
Ultherapy works on areas especially prone to sagging including under your chin, your eyebrows, your neck, and other areas. People love Ulherapy because it is:
- Completely non-invasive with no needles, incisions, or sutures
- Approved by the FDA, so you know it is safe and effective
- Easy and comfortable, requiring no downtime
- Completely natural, because it helps your body naturally produce more collagen
Ultherapy is different from other anti-aging treatments because it uses sound waves, which penetrate more deeply into the skin. Your Ultherapy treatment time will vary depending on the area being treated. For example, your face and neck will require about 60 to 90 minutes, and treating your chest will take about 30 minutes.
During treatment, you may experience small amounts of ultrasound energy penetrating into your skin. You should begin to see firmer, tighter skin due to increased collagen production within 2 to 3 months.
If looking younger from an easy, non-invasive, natural treatment sounds great to you, it’s time to discover Ultherapy. It’s time to discover the benefits of ultrasound therapy to fight aging. Talk with the experts by calling the dermatologists at Skin Center in Fort Lauderdale, Florida today.
Excessive sweating, also known as hyperhidrosis, can be an annoying, embarrassing condition to deal with. Perspiring is normal, but hyperhidrosis is characterized by excessive sweating when your body doesn’t need to be cooled down.
One of the most common ways to tell whether you have hyperhidrosis is if one or two areas of your body are very sweaty, but the rest of your body is dry. Some common areas to experience hyperhidrosisinclude your head, feet, palms of your hands, and your underarms.
If you are experiencing excessive sweating, there are ways to minimize the impact. Consider trying these easy remedies:
- Changing to antiperspirant, not deodorant
- Using armpit shields to help absorb perspiration
- Wearing loose clothing made of natural fibers like cotton
- Changing your socks at least twice during the day
- Wearing black and white clothing to reduce signs of sweating
- Limiting or avoiding alcohol and spicy foods because they can worsen sweating
For moderate to severe cases of hyperhidrosis that aren’t managed well with conservative home therapies, it’s best to visit your dermatologist. There are several effective treatments for excessive sweating your dermatologist may recommend, including:
- Prescription antiperspirant products containing aluminum chloride
- Iontophoresis, which uses a weak electrical current to block the sweat glands from producing sweat; treatments are completely pain-free and take 20 to 30 minutes per treatment. 2 to 4 treatments per week are recommended with maintenance treatments every 1 to 4 weeks.
- Botox injections, which help to reduce sweating; injections of botox are given into areas affected. Botox typically requires 15 to 20 injections and takes 30 to 45 minutes. The effects of injections can last for a few months and Botox treatment can be repeated if necessary.
Excessive sweating can disrupt your life, hampering your self-confidence. You can get relief from excessive sweating from your dermatologist. To find out more about treatment for excessive sweating, and other medical and cosmetic skincare treatments, talk with your dermatologist today!
CoolSculpting is known to be the number one body-contouring service across the country. Here at the Skin Center in Fort Lauderdale, FL, our certified specialists can develop a treatment plan personalized toward your objective. We are the only center to have four CoolSculpting machines in the state, and we range as one of the top five largest treatment centers nationwide. With the availability of CoolSculpting, we can help you eliminate fat cells to achieve your desired image.
Is CoolSculpting Treatment Right for Me?
Losing weight and losing fat are two different things. If you are a man or a woman who wants to eliminate stubborn fat pockets that won't go away, CoolSculpting can help you achieve a better appearance without the use of lasers or invasive treatments. However, the procedure isn't appropriate for everyone, and you'll need to discuss it with our staff at the Skin Center in Fort Lauderdale, FL, in further detail to learn if you are a proper candidate.
What Happens During a CoolSculpting Session?
First, we prep the skin by applying a clear gel pad to create a barrier between the targeted region and the cooling panel. This safe and effective treatment then creates a sucking sensation as it adheres to the skin. As the area becomes numb, this feeling subsides. The procedure is acknowledged to be so relaxing that you could read a book, or answer emails if you desire.
One CoolSculpting session removes 20-25% of fat cells in the treated area, so you will likely need more than one treatment to achieve the desired results.
What is Recovery Like?
Following the procedure, you may experience a few minimal side effects at the targeted site. These include slight skin irritation, bruising, stinging, tenderness, or itching. With CoolSculpting, your fat cells are naturally eliminated, leaving you feeling fierce and confident. There is no downtime, and although recovery is different for everyone, you'll be able to resume your daily activities.
Interested? Give Us a Call
If you are a candidate for CoolSculpting, our dedicated staff at the Skin Center in Fort Lauderdale, FL, will work hard to help you achieve your body-contouring goals. The procedure is non-invasive, and we can answer all of your questions during a consultation. To learn more about CoolSculpting and the other services we provide, visit our website. To schedule your appointment, please call (954) 302-7900.
Fraxel laser treatment from your dermatologists in Fort Lauderdale, FL, can help you look younger.
Do you know about Fraxel Re:store? If you haven’t discovered this unique laser treatment, you are missing out on a breakthrough in the fight against aging. You deserve to look your best, and your dermatologist can help. The dermatologists at Skin Center in Fort Lauderdale, FL, offer a full range of skincare and anti-aging treatments including Fraxel Re:store to help you look younger.
Fraxel Re:store can rejuvenate the look of aging, tired skin. The system uses fractional lasers to make microscopic injuries to the skin, which promotes your body’s natural ability to heal itself. It also promotes increased collagen production, a hallmark of younger-looking skin. It works on the top layers of your skin to renew and replenish your skin, giving you a younger look. Your body naturally produces collagen, and Fraxel Re:store takes advantage of this natural process to give you younger, more revitalized skin. After Fraxel Re:store treatment, your skin will look firmer, smoother, and younger.
Fraxel Re:store isn’t just for anti-aging. The effects of Fraxel Re:store can also benefit these skin issues:
- Acne scarring and blemishes
- Skin abnormalities like keratosis
- Sun damage and age spots
- Fine lines and wrinkles around your mouth and nose
- Crow’s feet and creases in your forehead
Fraxel Re:store is most often used on the face, but it can also be used to benefit the appearance of your neck, chest, arms, and hands. There is minimal to no downtime with Fraxel Re:store, and it has minimal side effects. Most people require 3 to 5 treatments over the course of a few weeks to achieve the best results. Each treatment requires 20 to 25 minutes and a numbing spray or cream is used before treatment so your treatment is comfortable.
To find out more about how Fraxel Re:store works and how it can help you look younger, talk with an expert, your dermatologist. Call the dermatologists at Skin Center in Fort Lauderdale, FL, at (954) 526-3359 right now, and look your best!
Do you have itchy, scaly rashes? If so, you could have eczema, a common skin condition that could be effectively treated by your dermatologist. Eczema is also called atopic dermatitis, and it can be caused by environmental factors, such as exposure to harsh chemicals. Dry skin can also affect your skin’s ability to form a barrier to allergens, which can lead to eczema. Another common cause of eczema is genetics. If someone in your family suffers from eczema, it increases your chances of developing eczema as well. Immune system problems can also cause eczema.
Both adults and children can develop eczema, however, children are most often affected, especially before they reach the age of five. Eczema develops into a chronic skin condition, with intermittent flare-ups. These flare-ups can often be accompanied by hay fever or asthma.
There are many common signs and symptoms of eczema, including:
- Reddish-brown patches on your feet, hands, ankles, knees, chest, elbows, face, and scalp
- Chronic, severe itching which often worsens at night
- Inflamed, raw, red, sensitive, and swollen skin
- Dry, cracked, scaly skin patches on various areas of your body
- Bumps appearing on your skin which drain fluid and crust over later
For mild cases of eczema, there are a few simple home remedies you can try, including:
- Taking over-the-counter antihistamine medications
- Smoothing calamine or other anti-itch lotion over your skin
- Applying moisturizer when you take a shower
- Applying cool, wet dressings and bandages to affected areas
- Taking a warm baking soda or oatmeal bath
- Placing a humidifier in your home to moisten dry air
- Wearing breathable, cool, cotton clothing
For moderate to severe cases of eczema, you should visit your dermatologist. There are several effective professional treatments your dermatologist may recommend, such as:
- Prescription-strength oral and topical medications to stop itching
- Antibiotic medications to eliminate any underlying infection
- Oral or injectable anti-inflammatory medications to reduce swelling and pain
- Corticosteroid dressings to reduce inflammation
- Natural light or ultraviolet therapy to reduce or eliminate skin patches
You don’t have to suffer with eczema when relief is just a phone call away. Learn more about the causes, symptoms, and treatment of eczema by calling your dermatologist today!
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.