AcuPulse® Femtouch™ Fractional CO2 Laser Treatment for Vaginal Rejuvenation
The AcuPulse® FemTouch™ by Lumenis Ltd. is a fractional CO2 laser treatment which employs the absolute best available technology to treat postmenopausal and postnatal vaginal health-related symptoms. These symptoms include vaginal atrophy, dryness, itching or pain, stress urinary incontinence, and vaginal laxity after childbirth which can impact satisfaction with sexual intercourse. Treatments are administered once a month for three months, then annually for maintenance. The laser also smooths and tightens external vaginal skin as well as removes age spots.
This new FDA approved innovative technology promotes remodeling of the vaginal mucous layer through a gentle controlled ablation and coagulation of the vaginal lining. During treatment, a sterilized applicator is moved along the vaginal wall in an outward motion. The procedure is fast and only takes a few minutes. During the treatment, you may experience a minor heat sensation, but it is very gentle and you should not feel uncomfortable. This procedure is safe, has excellent patient outcomes, and minimal downtime.
FemTouch™ Pre-Procedure Preparation:
- No anesthesia is needed for internal treatment because the procedure is painless or at most, patients will experience only a mild heat sensation which is gentle and not uncomfortable.
- If you desire to tighten and smooth the external vagina, a topical numbing cream will be applied prior to treatment.
- A Pap smear should be performed within 1 year prior to the procedure.
- We recommend prophylaxis with an anti-viral for a day before and a few days after treatment to prevent a Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV) outbreak which may be induced by the heat. We recommend this for all patients regardless if they have ever had any sores. Patients already taking daily anti-virals do not need additional prophylaxis.
- We cannot treat anyone who is menstruating, pregnant, has genital cancer, an injured introitus or if you can visibly see mesh or other surgically placed devices in the vaginal canal.
FemTouch™ Post Procedure Guidelines:
- You may experience a sensation of heat, burning, and minor bleeding in the treated area. Usually, this resolves in 24 hours and does not last more than 72 hours.
- You may apply vaginal hydrating gel, RepHresh™, to soothe the vaginal lining for up to 1 week.
- If external treatment was administered you may liberally apply Aquaphor® Healing Ointment.
- You must refrain from coital activity for 72 hours following the procedure.
- You must avoid baths, hot tubs, saunas and swimming for 72 hours following the procedure.
- You should avoid exercise for 24 hours following the procedure.
- You should wear plain cotton underwear for one week post procedure.
If you would to hear more about any of our Discounts and Promotions please click here!