AcuPulse® Fractional CO2 Laser Treatment for Facial Rejuvenation
The AcuPulse® by Lumenis Ltd. is a fractional CO2 laser treatment which employs the absolute best available technology to smooth, tighten, tone, and rejuvenate the skin of the face, neck, and décolletage. With just one treatment, your skin will look more youthful and you will see improvement in the appearance of fine lines and deeper wrinkles, sun damage, age spots, and acne scars.
This FDA approved innovative technology promotes remodeling of skin through a gentle controlled ablation and coagulation of the epithelial layer. During treatment, a hand piece is passed over the entire surface of your skin. The whole procedure is fast and should only take 15-30 minutes. During the treatment, you may experience a minor heat sensation, but it is very gentle and you should not feel uncomfortable.
This procedure is safe, has excellent patient outcomes, and minimal downtime. This CO2 laser resurfacing treatment is unique because it quickly delivers laser energy pulses to reach the required depth of penetration for desired results while minimizing thermal damage to the surrounding tissue. A shallow depth of penetration is required for desired results when treating a more superficial condition such as sun damage compared to a deeper depth of penetration to resurface wrinkles and scars. Our system has the energy strength for both superficial and deep penetration to treat conditions at varying depths within your skin during a single treatment. The faster you can introduce the laser energy to the target tissue with the least amount of heat dissipation, the safer the treatment. This translates to maximal results, minimal risks of side effects, and little downtime.
AcuPulse® Pre-Procedure Preparation:
- A topical numbing cream will be applied prior to treatment. No injectable anesthesia is needed. Most patients will experience only a mild heat sensation which is gentle and not uncomfortable.
- We recommend prophylaxis with Acyclovir for a day before and a few days after treatments to prevent Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV) outbreaks that may be induced by the heat. We recommend this for all patients regardless if they have ever had any sores. Patients already taking daily antivirals do not need additional prophylaxis.
- A recent tan could increase the risk of post inflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIH). If you have a new tan, then your melanocytes are still active and they will respond to heat just like they would respond to the sun and your skin could darken as a result. You can be treated with the CO2 laser if you are placed on appropriate hydroquinone therapy for several weeks prior to treatment.
AcuPulse® Post-Procedure Guidelines:
- You may apply cool compresses, or dilute vinegar water soaks, immediately after treatment. Some patients report a “hot” feeling which lasts a few hours to a few days.
- You can gently wash the area with tepid water, or dilute vinegar-water and use a gentle cleanser (Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser) 3 times a day starting the morning after the treatment. Then immediately apply an occlusive ointment (Aquaphor) for at least 4 days.
- You should avoid dirty, dusty environments, hairsprays, perfumes on treated areas, etc. while the skin is healing.
- You should sleep with your head elevated on pillows (head above the heart) the first few nights post treatment. This can help minimize swelling.
- In general, avoid hot environments. You may shower, but hot water/steam should be avoided on the treated area until healing is complete
- You should avoid "picking" or aggressively scrubbing the scabs. Allow them to gently exfoliate with the washing process.
- Avoid direct sun exposure. Apply sun block, SPF 30+ UVA and UVB, after the fifth day or after complete re-epithelialization (about 1 week). Sunscreen with titanium oxide or zinc oxide provides the best protection.
- Wear a protective hat for the first 2 weeks while outdoors.
- After re-epithelialization is complete (about 1 week), a moisturizer may be used.
- Makeup may be used, usually 5–6 days after treatment, and after the skin is healed. Additional days for healing, sometimes 10 or more, may be required depending on treatments and individual patient response.
- You may resume your skin care regimen when your skin returns to normal.
If you would like to hear more about our Discounts and Promotions, please click here!